Side by Side / Edition 1by PRENTICE HALL, Bill Bliss
This best-selling basal series is effective in a wide variety of ESL/EFL classes in high school, institute, and adult education programs. The four levels follow a student-centered, interactive approach in a clear and easy-to-use format. The new edition features four-color illustrations and all-skills practice in each of the student texts, as well as summary pages… See more details below
This best-selling basal series is effective in a wide variety of ESL/EFL classes in high school, institute, and adult education programs. The four levels follow a student-centered, interactive approach in a clear and easy-to-use format. The new edition features four-color illustrations and all-skills practice in each of the student texts, as well as summary pages highlighted grammar and functions at the end of each chapter. Workbooks 1 and 2 offer rhythm and pronunciation exercises by Carolyn Graham.
Table of Contents1. Review: Describing Past, Present and Future Actions. Birthday and Gifts. Telling about Friendships. Small Talk in the Hall. Grammar: Like to. Review of Tenses. Time Expressions. Indirect Object Pronouns.
2. Food. Buying Food. Describing Food Preferences. Being a Guest at Mealtime. Cafeteria Food. Grammar: Count/Non-Count Nouns.
3. Buying Food. Describing Food. Eating in a Restaurant. Recipes. Computers: They Keyboard. Grammar: Partitives. Count/Non-Count Nouns. Imperatives.
4. Telling about the Future. Probability. Possibility. Warnings. Seasons. Writing a Note. Computers: The Mouse and the Trackball. Grammar: Future Tense. Time Expressions. Might.
5. Making Comparisons. Advice. Parents and Children. Comparing Life in Difference Places. Expressing Opinions. Expressing Agreement and Disagreement. Computers/Ergonomics. Grammar: Comparatives. Should. Possessive Pronouns.
6. Describing Character Traits. Shopping in a Department Store. Describing Products. Telling about Your Country: People, Places and Popular Culture. Discussing Opinions. Surveys and Bar Graphs. Grammar: Superlatives.
7. Getting Around Town. Public Transportation. Following Written Directions to a Place. Drawing a Map and Writing Directions. Making Recommendations. Computers: The Macintosh Desktop. Grammar: Directions.
8. Describing People's Actions. Performance on the Job and in School. Describing Plans and Intentions. Consequences of Actions. Superstitions. Understanding Feedback. Grammar: Adverbs. Comparatives of Adverbs. AgentNouns. If-Clauses.
9. Describing Ongoing Past Activities. Reporting a Crime. Expressing Regret. Telling about an Accident. Mishaps. Conflict Resolution. Grammar: Past Continuous Tense. Reflexive Pronouns. While-Clauses.
10. Expressing Past and Future Ability. Expressing Past and Future Obligation. Making Excuses. Repair Services. Telling about Frustrations and Disappointments. Giving Explanations and Making Excuses. Grammar: Could. Be Able to. Too + Adjectives.
11. Health. Nutrition. Following Instructions. Medical Examinations. Medical Advice. Grammar: Must. Must vs. Should. Count/Non-Count Nouns. Past Tense Review.
12. Describing Future Activities. Making Plans by Telephone. Expressing Time and Duration. Holidays. Stages of Life. Planning Course Selection with the Guidance Counselor. Grammar: Future Continuous Tense. Time Expressions.
13. Offering Help. Indicating Ownership. Problems with Neighbors. Problems with Household Appliances. Securing Repair Services. Car Problems. Helping Friends. Offering and Asking or Help at School. Grammar: Some/Any. Pronoun Review. Verb Tense Review
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >