Simplified Engineering for Architects and Builders / Edition 10by James Ambrose, Patrick Tripeny
Pub. Date: 12/02/2005
Entering its seventh decade as the industry leader, Simplified Engineering for Architects and Builders remains the reference of choice for designers and constructors. This new Tenth Edition is thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the latest practices in the design of/i>/b>
The definitive reference for design and construction—in an updated edition!
Entering its seventh decade as the industry leader, Simplified Engineering for Architects and Builders remains the reference of choice for designers and constructors. This new Tenth Edition is thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the latest practices in the design of structures.
Long considered a standard in the field, this bestseller provides a clear, accessible presentation of the engineering information that is essential for architects and builders. Offering a concise, highly readable introduction to the investigation and design of ordinary structures for buildings—including information on structural analysis, materials, and systems—this thoroughly updated Tenth Edition includes:
- A new focus on Load and Resistance Factor Design Method (LRFD) for steel and concrete structures
- The latest building and material codes
- A wealth of exercise problems and illustrative examples
- Essential formulas for the solution of structural problems
- More than 200 descriptive illustrations
- Simple solutions to everyday problems architects and builders encounter
- Coverage of wood, steel, concrete, and masonry structures
- A new companion Web site packed with learning resources
An unparalleled resource for students and professionals in architecture, construction, and civil engineering, Simplified Engineering for Architects and Builders, Tenth Edition boils structural engineering down to its essentials and provides the simple design solutions that are used for the vast majority of buildings.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Tenth Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
PART I: PRINCIPLES OF STRUCTURAL MECHAICS.
1. Investigation of Forces and Force Actions.
2. Force Actions.
3. Investigation of Beams and Frames.
4. Structural Design Loads and Methods.
PART II: WOOD CONSTRUCTION.
5. Wood Spanning Elements.
6. Wood Columns.
7. Connections for Wood Structures.
PART III: STEEL CONSTRUCTION.
8. Steel Structural Products.
9. Steel Beams and Framing Elements.
10. Steel Columns and Frames.
11. Bolted Connections for Steel Structures.
12. Light-Gage Formed Steel Structures.
PART IV: CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION.
13. Reinforced Concrete Structures.
14. Flat-Spanning Concrete Systems.
15. Concrete Columns and Frames.
PART V: STRUCTURAL SYSTEMS FOR BUILDINGS.
17. General Considerations for Structures.
18. Building One.
19. Building Two.
20. Building Three.
Answer to Exercise Problems
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >