Simplified Irrigation Design / Edition 2by Pete Melby, Melby
Pub. Date: 05/28/1995
The Second Edition of this best-selling academic guide to irrigation design has been completely rewritten so you can understand it easily. Created for the irrigation designer and installer, as well as students, Simplified Irrigation Design clearly explains irrigation design and related hydraulics, without the need for interpretation by teachers. Each chapter builds… See more details below
The Second Edition of this best-selling academic guide to irrigation design has been completely rewritten so you can understand it easily. Created for the irrigation designer and installer, as well as students, Simplified Irrigation Design clearly explains irrigation design and related hydraulics, without the need for interpretation by teachers. Each chapter builds on the other, presenting all the fundamentals of irrigation design before getting into the more complicated aspects of irrigation, such as:
• basic hydraulics
• pipe sizing
• friction loss calculations
• determining water pressure. Photos and illustrations show exactly how every concept and piece of equipment works. In addition, you'll learn how to estimate costs and write specifications. Pipe sizes are described according to ASTM to help you fully understand the limits of irrigation pipe use. The expanded Second Edition of this popular guide to landscape irrigation includes all the latest equipment and techniques. Just a few of the new features include:
• Methods of conserving water to help you anticipate your clients' environmental concerns
• Computerized methods for managing labor and irrigation systems that will help you save money on labor and water costs
• Metric values for every Imperial (U.S.) measurement, enabling you to meet federal metric guidelines and better communicate with an international audience. Another bonus: the author has combed the minds of irrigation designers, contractors, and equipment manufacturers to help you avoid costly mistakes that even veterans make. Whether you're just learning or brushing up on the latest technology, you'll want to read the Second Edition of Simplified Irrigation Design from cover to cover.
Table of Contents
Partial table of contents:
Sprinkler Head Performance.
Types of Sprinkler Heads.
Determining Geographical Areas.
Sizing Irrigation Pipe.
Calculating Water Supply and Pressure.
Sizing Wire to Electric Valves.
Winterizing the Irrigation System.
Triangular Spacing of Sprinkler Heads.
Making Solvent-Cemented Joints with PVC Pipe and Fittings.
Getting Acquainted with Drip Irrigation.
Drip Tube and Emitter Layout.
Drip Design Components.
Final Drip Design Considerations.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >