The Six Little Bunkers Collection, Volume 1by Laura Lee Hope, Edward Stratemeyer
• * With six small children, Daddy (Charles) and
First published in 1918, the series "The Six Little Bunkers" are the adventures of the Bunker family at the turn of the Twentieth Century when there were no passenger airplanes, nor telephones, radios, MP3 players, or televisions, and trains, steamers, and horses and carriages were common-place.
• * With six small children, Daddy (Charles) and Mother (Amy) Bunker have their hands full trying to keep track of their small tribe, with one, two, or three of the little dears always seeming to wander away or get into the oddest adventures as they visit their many relatives. Join the fun, and mischief, as two parents try to keep track, and control, of six small children who are always exploring everything around them.
• * The oldest of the Bunker children is eight-year-old Russell Bunker (but everyone calls him Russ) and he is very fond of "making things." Next is seven-year-old Rose Bunker. Though young she can do some sweeping and lots of dusting, and is quite a little mother's helper. Violet, or Vi, aged six, is a curly-haired girl, with gray eyes, and can ask more questions than her father and mother can answer. Then there is Laddie, or Fillmore, Vi's twin, and he happens to be fond of asking riddles. After Laddie and Violet come Margy, aged five, and then four-year-old Mun Bun, the youngest and smallest.
• * "The Six Little Bunkers" is one of the many children series written in the early 20th Century by the Stratemeyer Syndicate. The first book in each series was written by Edward Stratemeyer, who then produced outlines for the other books in the series and hired writers to produce the actual books using a pseudonym. For the "The Six Little Bunkers" series it was Laura Lee Hope. All the books have the same number of chapters, twenty-five.
• * "The Six Little Bunkers at Grandma Bell's" and "The Six Little Bunkers at Aunt Jo's" were published in 1918. This edition includes the original eight illustrations.
• * Check out the other Laura Lee Hope childrens' and juvenile books published by Flying Chipmunk Publishing!
- Wilder Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.59(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews