The Skills of Helping / Edition 1by Richard D. Parsons
Pub. Date: 07/07/1994
Publisher: Pearson Education
*HE06, The Skills of Helping, Richard D. Parsons(West Chester University), H , 224 pp., 6 x 9, 0-205-14713-5, paperbound, 1995, $20.25k, June*/ The Skills of Helping provides students with a fundamental overview of helping relationships along with guided practice in skill development. The text makes theory and technique come alive with the use of anecdotes and case illustrations throughout. It also provides opportunities for self- assessment at the end of each chapter.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.04(w) x 9.02(h) x 0.47(d)
Table of Contents
1. Being a Helper.
2. Helping: First and Foremost a Relationship.
3. From Here to There: Moving Through the Helping Process.
4. Connecting: The Skills of Listening and Understanding.
6. Focusing: Moving the Helpee Toward Clarifying the Problem.
7. From Problem to Goals.
8. Pathfinding: A Process of Strategy Development.
9. Call to Action.
10. Evaluation and Termination.
11. Special Concerns for Helpers.
12. Crisis Intervention.
13. Theories and Models.
14. The How and Why of Referral.
15. Helping: Opportunities and Responsibilities.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >