Skin Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment / Edition 3by Thomas P. Habif
Pub. Date: 07/07/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Skin Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Thomas P. Habif, James L. Campbell, Jr., M. Shane Chapman, James G. H. Dinulos, and Kathryn A. Zug, is the quick and practical clinical reference you need to help you effectively diagnose and treat 250 common dermatologic diseases. You’ll find succinct, user-friendly chapters arranged by disorder
Skin Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Thomas P. Habif, James L. Campbell, Jr., M. Shane Chapman, James G. H. Dinulos, and Kathryn A. Zug, is the quick and practical clinical reference you need to help you effectively diagnose and treat 250 common dermatologic diseases. You’ll find succinct, user-friendly chapters arranged by disorder type, updated treatment plans, and hundreds of new images showing diseases in various stages of manifestation, including detailed information and illustrations on tropical dermatology. Perfect for any medical practitioner who’d rather treat than refer patients with skin disease, this full-color resource will also serve you well when prepping for the boards.
• Gain reliable, practical, and efficient guidance regarding the diagnoses and treatment of the most common 250 dermatologic disorders, along with clinical tips presented by the experts.
• Accurately identify skin conditions in children with discussions of how they manifest differently than in adults.
• Quickly access the answers you need with the dermatologic drug formulary, a "differential diagnosis by anatomical region and lesion" guide, and the disorders index.
• Prescribe effective dermatologic treatment based on the practical diagnostic advice of Dr. Habif and fellow contributors who offer anterior and posterior diagrams of where diseases may be found on the body, classification of primary, secondary, and special lesions, pediatric considerations, clinical pearls to guide decision making, and more.
• Get and give the most up-to-date therapeutic advice available as every section in the book is revised with current treatment plans.
• Be prepared for travel-related skin diseases with new, richly illustrated coverage on tropical dermatology.
• See how skin disorders present at different stages with hundreds of new and often never-before-published images.
Diagnose and treat more of the dermatology disease you see every day and refer less with the expert guidance of Dr. Habif
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
1. Topical therapy
4. Acne, rosacea and related disorders
5. Psoriasis and other papulosquamous diseases
6. Bacterial infections
7. Sexually transmitted infections
8. Viral infections
9. Fungal infections
10. Exanthems and drug reactions
11. Hypersensitivity syndromes and vasculitis
12. Infestations and bites
13. Vescular and bullous diseases
14. Connective tissue diseases
15. Light-related disorders and disorders of pigmentation
16. Benign skin tumors
17. Premalignant and malignant non-melanoma skin tumors
18. Nevi and malignant melanoma
19. Vascular tumors and malformations
20. Hair and nail diseases
21. Neonatal disease
22. Cutaneous manifestations of internal disease
Primary, secondary and special lesions
Differential diagnosis by body region
Quantity of cream to apply and dispense
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >