- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Filled with inspirational stories and illustrative examples from schools that have successfully implemented CES principles and practices, Small Schools, Big Ideas offers information and ...
Filled with inspirational stories and illustrative examples from schools that have successfully implemented CES principles and practices, Small Schools, Big Ideas offers information and inspiration needed to:
The Coalition of Essential Schools and the CES Small Schools Project.
Introduction: An Academically Challenging Education for All.
Part One: Setting the Stage for Transformation.
1. A Commitment to Equity.
2. Confronting the Challenges.
3. Creating the Climate and Conditions for Change.
Part Two: Essential Principles for School Design.
4. Starting with Vision, Mission, and Goals.
5. Transformative Leadership.
6. Cultivating Professional Learning Opportunities.
Part Three: Essential Principles for Learning.
7. Student-Centered Teaching and Learning.
8. Demonstration of Mastery.
9. Access, Opportunity, and Preparation for Postsecondary Success.
Part Four: Embedding Successful Change.
10. School Culture, Practices, and Community.
11. Strategies for Sustainability.
Appendix A: Coalition of Essential Schools Common Principles.
Appendix B: Coalition of Essential Schools Benchmarks: Principles in Practice.
Appendix C: Profiled Schools and Organizations.
Appendix D: The Benefits of the CES Model: A Look at Recent Research.
Appendix E: Glossary of Useful Assessment Terms.