- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Developing a proactive discipline plan can be a challenge for any educator. Smart Discipline for the Classroom, Fourth Edition, offers a generous collection of sound strategies to promote positive behavior, motivate students to do their best, and establish a supportive atmosphere for learning. Written by discipline expert Larry J. Koenig, this guide presents varied, adaptable methods to fit a wide range of classroom settings and student needs. The updated edition features answers to frequently asked questions, expanded information on using the Smart Discipline System, and new references to relevant research. Assisting teachers in developing a plan of action, this text offers a step-by-step approach to classroom discipline, plus: *Over 60 strategies for increasing respect and cooperation *Prevention and intervention methods for problems ranging from minor incidents to even the most difficult behaviors *Special techniques for students with Attention Deficit *Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) *Methods for involving parents Create an environment for success by using field-tested "smart" strategies for handling discipline in the classroom!
"Larry Koenig’s ideas put teachers in charge of the classroom."
Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction
1. Misbehaviors and Their Causes
2. Usual Discipline Methods and Their Drawbacks
3. Commonsense Principles of Smart Discipline
4. Effective Prevention Strategies
5. The Smart Discipline System
6. Strategies for Minor Misbehaviors (Plan A)
7. Strategies for the Most Difficult Misbehaviors (Plan B)
8. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Strategies
9. Parental Support and Involvement
10. Your Personal Smart Discipline Plan Note From the Author Suggested Readings Index