SmartDraw For Dummiesby Daniel G. Hoffmann, Doug Lowe
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Diagrams, organizational charts, flowcharts, even floor plans — they’re all types of business graphics. Only one tool does ’em all: SmartDraw. SmartDraw For Dummies shows you how this business graphics software helps you make boring presentations exciting and how to create graphics that can help you sell, manage, inform, motivate, and more.
You’ll learn how to set up the program, navigate its somewhat unique interface, and work with SmartDraw’s thousands of templates. You don’t need artistic talent, just this handy guide and the extended, fully functional trial version of SmartDraw that’s on the bonus CD!
- Use SmartDraw templates to create org charts, flowcharts, express charts, mind maps, Live Maps, and more
- Dress up your graphics with color, effects, and design themes
- Learn to integrate your graphics into Microsoft Office applications and animate graphics for cool PowerPoint presentations
- Explore SmartDraw diagrams for Web pages and e-mail newsletters
- Import SmartDraw graphics into Word and Excel documents
- Take advantage of extra software and additional templates, sample drawings and flowcharts, image editing tools, maps, and flyers on the CD
You’ll also find graphics guidelines to help you create more effective charts and presentations, plus tips on using color and images to your advantage. Written by a Microsoft PowerPoint MVP and a SmartDraw vice president, SmartDraw For Dummies helps you banish boring charts forever!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Meet the Author
Daniel Hoffmann is a software industry veteran and entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience in the design, development, and marketing of innovative and industry leading products. He currently serves as the Vice President of Marketing at SmartDraw.com. Prior to SmartDraw, Dan held various positions at Microsoft (including original member of the PowerPoint for Windows and Word for Windows 95 teams), HP, and was CEO of Namezero.com. He is also the holder of several patents in software and Internet technology.
Doug Lowe has been writing computer books since 1981, including nearly 40 For Dummies books, among them PowerPoint 2007 For Dummies and Word 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies. He lives in sunny Fresno, California, where the motto is “Fres-YES!,” (unfortunately, that’s true) with his wife, the youngest of his three daughters, and a couple of dogs (a goofylooking six-month-old Shar-Pei/Black Lab mix named Lucy and a yellow lab named Odie). He’s one of those obsessive-compulsive decorating nuts who creates computer-controlled Halloween decorations that rival Disney’s Haunted Mansion.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >