Social Ethics: A Student's Guide / Edition 1by Jenny Teichman
Pub. Date: 11/15/1996
'This is a readable and valuable study which is likely to provoke commentary amongst philosophers, and to provide a different model for decision-making amongst a wide range of welfare professionals.' --Professor stephen R.L. Clark, Univ. of Liverpool
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.14(w) x 9.07(h) x 0.57(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: Ethical Bedrock:.
1. Morality and Humanity.
2. Egoism, Relativism, Consequentialism.
3. Ethical Bedrock.
Part II: A Defence of Humanism:.
4. Human Beings and Persons.
5. Human Beings and the Other Animals.
6. Human Beings and Machines.
Part III: Deaths and Lives:.
7. Euthanasia: For and Against.
8. Euthanasia: Logic and Practice.
10. Professional Ethics.
Part IV: Ideology and Value:.
11. Feminism and Masculism.
12. Freedom of Thought and Expression.
13. The Right, the Left and the Green.
Appendix I: Natural Rights as Justifying the Authority of the State.
Appendix II: The Controversy about Euthanasia, a Sample Case.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >