Social Movements: A Cognitive Approach / Edition 1by Ron Eyerman, Andrew Jamison
Pub. Date: 02/28/1991
Publisher: Penn State University Press
This book offers a new approach to the study of social movements. Integrating American and European approaches, Eyerman and Jamison argue that social movements are forms of activity whereby individuals create new kinds of social identities not only for themselves but for the societies of which they form a part.
- Penn State University Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.63(d)
Table of Contents
1. Social Movements and Sociology.
2. Social Movements as Cognitive Praxis.
3. Dimensions of Cognitive Praxis.
4. Social Movements and their Intellectuals.
5. A Case Study: The American Civil Rights Movement.
6. Social Movements in Context.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >