Social Problems (Study Guide) / Edition 5by James M. Henslin
Pub. Date: 01/28/2000
This theoretically balanced book provides a thoroughunderstanding of major social problems facing the United Statestheircauses, consequences, likely future course, and what can be done about them.It provides readers with the basic data and thesociological frameworks for interpreting those data. It uses a clear writingstyle, with liberal use of examples, illustrations, tables, and figures wellintegrated into the book and includes 22 A Global Glimpse boxes that help students keep up with fast-paced global changes, and allows themto compare U.S. problems with those of other societies.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 80.00(w) x 10.50(h) x 5.00(d)
Table of Contents
I. THE SOCIOLOGY OF SOCIAL PROBLEMS.
1. How Sociologists View Social Problems: The Abortion Dilemma.
2. Interpreting Social Problems: Aging
II. NORM VIOLATIONS IN SOCIAL CONTEXT.
3. Prostitution, Homosexuality, and Pornography.
4. Alcohol and Other Drugs.
5. Violence in Society: Rape and Murder.
6. Crime and Criminal Justice.
III. PROBLEMS OF SOCIAL INEQUALITY.
7. Economic Problems: Wealth and Poverty.
8. Race and Ethnic Relations.
9. Sex Discrimination.
10. Medical Care: Problems of Physical and Mental Illness.
IV. SOCIAL CHANGE AND MEGAPROBLEMS.
11. The Changing Family.
12. Urban Problems.
13. Population and Food.
14. The Environmental Crisis.
15. War, Terrorism, and the Balance of Power.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >