- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book places significant issues related to the health, mental health, and well-being of older adults and their caregivers within the context of social work service delivery. By presenting the research of social work scholars, all experts in specific research areas, the editors clarify the value that social work brings to the larger realm of health care for older adults and their families.
Special consideration is given to such issues as case management, urban, African-American elders, grandmothers raising grandchildren, aging persons with developmental disabilities, home health care, and more.
For Further Information on Dr. Berkman, Please Click Here!
• Introduction, B.Berkman & L.K. Harootyan
• Late-Life Depression in Long-Term Care: Social Work Opportunities to Prevent, Educate, and Alleviate, M.E. Adamek
• Older Adults with Dementia: Community-Based Long-Term Care Alternatives, J. Semke
• The Older Patient at Home: Social Work Services and Home Health Care, J.S. Lee & I.A. Gutheil
• Gerontological Social Work and Case Management, M.J. Naleppa
• Self-Health Care by Urban, African American Elders, D. Burnette & S-Y Kang
• Physical Health and Economic Well-Being of Older African-American Women: Toward Strategies of Empowerment, L.A. Chadiha & P. Adams
• Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, N.P. Kropf & S. Wilks
• Aging Persons with Developmental Disabilities and Their Caregivers, P.McCallion & S.R. Kolomer
• Strains and Gains of Grandmothers Raising Grandchildren in the HIV Pandemic, C.C.Poindexter & N.C. Boyer
• Elder Mistreatment and the Role of Social Work, G.J. Paveza & C. VandeWeerd
• Standardized Geriatric Assessment in Social Work Practice with Older Adults, S.M. Geron & F. C. Little
• Cultural Considerations in Health Care and Quality of Life, P. Maramaldi & M. Guevara
• Centrality of Social Ties to the Health and Well-Being of Older Adults, J. Lubben & M. Gironda
• Home and Community-Based Long Term Care Policies and Programs: The Crucial Role for Social Work Practitioners and Researchers in Evaluation, S.A. Robert
• Social Work in Aging and Health Care: Meeting the Challenges of Practice in the 21st Cenrury, D.S. Gardner & B.D. Zodikoff