I. ISSUES IN EDUCATION AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL WORK SERVICES IN SCHOOLS.
1. Major Issues in American Schools.
2. School Social Work: Historical Development, Influences, and Practices.
II. A CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK
FOR SOCIAL WORK SERVICES
3. The Social Organization of Schools.
4. An Ecological Perspective of Social Work Services in Schools.
III. EDUCATIONAL POLICY AND SCHOOL SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE.
5. School Attendance.
6. Pupil Rights and Control of Behavior.
7. Coping with Violence in Schools.
8. Children with Disabilities.
9. Some Target Groups of Children.
10. Securing Equal Educational Opportunity: Language, Race, and Sex.
IV. PLANNING, IMPLEMENTING, AND EVALUATING SOCIAL WORK SERVICES IN SCHOOLS.
11. The Design of Social Work Services.
12. The Delivery of School Social Work Services.
13. The Evaluation of Programs and Practice.
Appendix I: An Example of Rural Practice.
Appendix II: An Example of Urban Practice.
Appendix III: Assessment of Adaptive Behavior and Individual Education Program.