- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A companion to the author's Sociolinguistics of Society, this textbook, examines the influence of social interaction in language use and discusses a variety of facts about language from the commonplace to the exotic.
1. Address Forms.
2. The Ethnography of Communication.
4. Language and Sex.
5. Linguistic Pragmatics: Conversatinal Implicature.
6. More on Linguistic Pragmatics.
7. Pidgin and Creole Languages.
8. Linguistic Variation.
9. Some Applications of the Sociolonguistics of Lnaguage.