Sociology / Edition 5by Neil J. Smelser
Pub. Date: 11/29/1994
My aims in preparing this edition remain the same as the were at the beginning: to bring contemporary sociology to students who have had little or no exposure to the field; to make this presentation as comprehensive, balanced, and clear as possible, without compromising the complexity of the discipline of sociology; and to stress concrete illustrations of sociological principles rather than describing them in abstract terms.
Table of Contents1. Introducing Sociology.
I. THE ELEMENTS OF SOCIETY.
3. Social Structure.
5. Social Interaction.
7. Deviance and Social Control.
8. Community and Urban Life.
9. Inequality, Stratification, and Class.
10. Ethnic and Racial Inequality.
11. Sex Roles and Inequality.
12. Age and Inequality.
13. The Family.
16. The Economic System.
17. The Political System.
IV. SOCIETY AND CHANGE.
18. The Dynamics of Populations.
19. Collective Behavior and Social Movements.
20. Social and Cultural Change.
Appendix: Research Methods.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >