Soil Properties: Testing, Measurement, and Evaluation / Edition 5by Cheng Liu, Jack B. Evett, Jack Evett, Jack B. Evett
Pub. Date: 05/28/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
This unique manual guides users step-by-step through the hows and whys of the most commonly used testing methods in civil engineering practicethose based on the latest American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). The book uses a consistent "Procedure," "Data," and "Calculations" format for each test; contains completely worked examples showing the computations required for the analysis and evaluation of the test data collected; discusses what data, results, and other information should be presented in the test report; and explains what the test results will be used for in practical engineering problems. Blank data reporting forms and graph papers are provided for most tests, and an accompanying CD-ROM contains state-of-the-art, user-friendly software for compiling test data, performing calculations, plotting curves, and obtaining final results. For individuals interested in a construction or civil engineering technology career.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.84(h) x 0.97(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Description and Identification of Soils (Visual-Manual Procedure).
3. Determining the Moisture Content of Soil (Conventional Oven Method).
4. Determining the Moisture Content of Soil (Microwave Oven Method).
5. Determining the Specific Gravity of Soil.
6. Determining the Liquid Limit of Soil.
7. Determining the Plastic Limit and Plasticity Index of Soil.
8. Determining the Shrinkage Limit of Soil.
9. Grain-Size Analysis of Soil (Including Both Mechanical and Hydrometer Analyses).
10. Classification of Soils for Engineering Purposes.
11. Determining Moisture-Unit Weight Relations of Soil (Compaction Test).
12. Determining the Moisture Content of Soil (By Means of a Calcium Carbide Gas Moisture Tester).
13. Determining the Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by the Sand-Cone Method.
14. Determining the Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by the Rubber-Balloon Method.
15. Determining the Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by Nuclear Methods.
16. Percolation Test.
17. Permeability Test for Granular Soils (Constant-Head Method).
18. Permeability Test for Fine-Grained and Granular Soils (Falling-Head Method).
19. Consolidation Test.
20. Determining the Unconfined Compressive Strength of Cohesive Soil.
21. Triaxial Compression Test.
22. Direct Shear Test.
23. California Bearing Ratio Test.
CD-ROM Installation Tips.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >