Soil Properties: Testing, Measurement and Evaluation / Edition 4by Cheng Liu, Jack B. Evett, Jack Evett
Pub. Date: 07/12/1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
This classic text covers the fundamentals of soil properties, including testing, measurement, and evaluation. Providing both in-field and laboratory testing, the range of material reflects the most commonly used methods to evaluate soil properties for engineering purposes. Written in a clear and direct style, this new edition explains each test procedure… See more details below
This classic text covers the fundamentals of soil properties, including testing, measurement, and evaluation. Providing both in-field and laboratory testing, the range of material reflects the most commonly used methods to evaluate soil properties for engineering purposes. Written in a clear and direct style, this new edition explains each test procedure and offers guidelines to help students evaluate laboratory data as well as present results properly.
- REVISED! Testing procedures have been thoroughly updated to comply with the latest information from ASTM and the AASHTO.
- NEW! Chapter 2, Soil Exploration, provides complete coverage of in-field testing.
- FOCUS ON STUDENT SUCCESS! A consistent presentation throughout ensures understanding and ease of use including:
- Chapter introduction outlining the definition, scope, and objective of each experiment.
- Specific, step-by-step procedures for each experiment (Procedure) followed by sections entitled Data and Calculations.
- WORKED EXAMPLES! Step-by-step numerical calculations are provided for every test so students will know what is to be done and how.
- REAL WORLD APPLICATION! Engineering uses of the test results are included to show how they are used in practical applications.
- UPDATED! Photographs of soil testing equipment so readers can be assured of having the most current images.
- UNIQUE! Chapter 3, Description & Identification of Soils, provides a visual-manual procedure for helpful preliminary appraisals and planning.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.33(w) x 10.86(h) x 0.88(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. Soil Exploration
3. Description and Identification of Soils (Visual-Manual Procedure)
4. Determining the Moisture Content of Soil and Rock by Mass (Conventional Oven Method)
5. Determining the Moisture Content of Soil ( Microwave Oven Method)
6. Determining the Specific Gravity of Soil
7. Determining the Liquid Limit of Soil
8. Determining the Plastic Limit and Plasticity Index of Soil
9. Determining the Shrinkage Limit of Soil
10. Grain-Size Analysis of Soil ( Including Both Mechanical and Hydrometer Analyses)
11. Classification of Soils for Engineering Purposes
12. Determining Moisture-Unit Weight Relations of Soil (Compaction Test)
13. Field Determination of Water (Moisture) Content of Soil by the Calcium Carbide Gas Pressure Tester
14. Determining the Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by the Sand-Cone Method
15. Determining the Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by the Rubber-Balloon Method
16. Determining the Density and Unit Weight of Soil in Place by Nuclear Methods
17. Percolation Test
18. Permeability Test for Granular Soils (Constant-Head Method)
19. Permeability Test for Fine-Grained and Granular Soils (Falling-Head Method)
21. Determining the Unconfined Compressive Strength of Cohesive Soil
22. Triaxial Compression Test
23. Direct Shear Test
24. California Bearing Ratio Test
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >