TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is Renewable Energy?
Why is it so Important to Use Renewable Energy?
The Advantages of Using Renewable Energy
What are Solar Panels?
What are SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC Systems?
The History of Solar Panels
Types of Solar Panels
Solar Panel Shingles
Solar Panels and the Environment
The Benefits of Using Solar Energy in Your Home
How Much Money Can Installing Solar Panels Really Save?
Solar Panel Use Around the World
Solar Panel Use in the United States
Is Using Solar Panels Right for You?
The Three Main Requirements for Using Solar Power in Your Home
1. Enough space to put the solar panel array.
2. Enough sun to make the panels work.
3. A way to finance the price of the solar panels
The Top Five Reasons to Install Solar Power in Your Home
1. It helps the environment
2. It doesn’t cost as much as you think
3. You can save money.
4. You can make money using solar energy.
5. You’ll be self-sufficient
How Many Solar Panels Do You Need?
Figuring out how much power your home uses each day
The position of your house
What You Need to Know about Installing Solar Panels
10 Tips for Choosing A Solar Panel Installation Contractor
1. Where is the company located in relation to your property?
2. Is the company certified?
3. Does the company subcontract their work?
4. What is there Customer Service like?
5. How much installation experience does the company have?
6. What is the company’s reputation?
7. What brands does the company have experience with?
8. What kind of a warranty does the company offer?
9. What payment terms and payment plans does the company offer?
10. Will the company help you with rebates?
5 Tips for Safely Installing Your Own Solar Panels
1. Make sure you have enough mounts
2. Get help with the electrical components
3. Check and double check the position of the solar panels
4. Use the buddy system
5. Be thorough
The Cost of Installing Solar Panels for the Average Homeowner
Grants, Rebates, and Other Financial Incentive Programs
Federal Financial Incentives for Using Solar Energy
State Financial Incentives to Install Solar Energy Systems
Making Your Own Solar Panels
Tips for Making Your Own Solar Panels
10 Ways to Use Solar Energy Around Your Home
1. Your outdoor lights.
2. Your pool and hot tub.
3. Use a solar oven
4. Use “passive heat” storage tubes to increase and store solar energy
5. Use solar chargers to charge your MP3 player
6. Use solar powered appliances
7. Heat your water with solar power.
8. Use solar indoor lights
9. Try using solar powered electronics
10. A solar power generator.
10 Ways You can Save Money Using Solar Power
1. Put your lights on a solar timer
2. Install a solar water heater
3. Use solar heating to heat your home.
4. Use solar batteries.
5. Using a solar powered stove
6. Use a solar air conditioner
7. Use solar appliances.
8. Install a solar powered water purifier
9. Use solar power to run your ceiling fans
10. Use a solar powered heater.
What Appliances and tools Can You Run Using Solar Energy?
The Next Wave of Solar Energy – Wearable Generators
Selling Power Back to the power company
The Future of Solar Energy