This Solaris desktop companion contains concise, accessible solutions in command tables, cross-references and short descriptions. Although this book was written primarily for Solaris 2.5 and 2.6, commands listed in this reference will work on Solaris 7. Written from the perspective of a command-line loyalist, this book does not address any of the GUI features now available.
- Contains command and description tables for text editors ed and vi.
- Covers shell scripting commands and environment variables.
- Includes network administration functions such as daemons, servers, mail systems and network file systems.
- Addresses security processes like system auditing, ASET, network sniffing and Kerberos.
- This reference contains mostly command listings and short definitions.
- The appendix includes changes made in Solaris from version 2.2 to Solaris 7.
For more in-depth Solaris references, check out Solaris 2.6 Administrator Certification Training Guide, Part 1 and Solaris Performance Administration : Performance Management, Fine Tuning and Capacity Planning for Releases 2.5.1 and 2.6.