- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: las vegas, NV
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Packed with new "Big Picture" tax scenarios and new "What-If?" case variations, SOUTH-WESTERN FEDERAL TAXATION 2010: TAXATION OF BUSINESS ENTITIES remains the most effective text for helping you master complex tax concepts and the ever-changing tax legislation. Renowned for its accessible, comprehensive, and time-tested presentation, the text provides thorough coverage while highlighting materials of critical interest to the tax practitioner. Preparing you for the long term, TAXATION OF BUSINESS ENTITIES offers many opportunities to sharpen your critical-thinking and writing skills. Internet exercises tied directly to chapter research cases give you hands-on experience using online resources to solve tax issues. H&R Block's TaxCut® software and Checkpoint® from Thomson Reuters come with each new copy of this text to help you obtain professional experience with leading software!
Part I: THE WORLD OF TAXATION.
1. Introduction to Taxation.
2. Working with the Tax Law.
3. Taxes on the Financial Statements.
Part II: STRUCTURE OF THE FEDERAL INCOME TAX.
4. Gross Income.
5. Business Deductions.
6. Losses and Loss Limitations.
Part III: PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS.
7. Property Transactions: Basis, Gain and Loss, and Nontaxable Exchanges.
8. Property Transactions: Capital Gains and Losses,
Section 1231, and Recapture Provisions.
Part IV: BUSINESS ENTITIES.
9. Corporations: Organization, Capital Structure, and Operating Rules.
10. Corporations: Earnings & Profits and Distributions.
11. Partnerships and Limited Liability Entities.
12. S Corporations.
Part V: SPECIAL BUSINESS TOPICS.
13. Multijurisdictional Taxation.
14. Business Tax Credits and Corporate Alternative Minimum Tax.
15. Comparative Forms of Doing Business.
Part VI: TAXATION OF INDIVIDUALS.
16. Introduction to the Taxation of Individuals.
17. Individuals as Employees and Proprietors.
Appendix A: Tax Rate Schedules and Tables.
Appendix B: Tax Forms.
Appendix C: Glossary of Tax Terms.
Appendix D: Table of Code Sections Cited, Table of Regulations Cited, Table of Revenue Procedures and Revenue Rulings Cited.
Appendix E: Table of Cases Cited.
Appendix F: Present Value and Future Value Tables. Index.