- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Packed with new "Big Picture" tax scenarios and new "What-If?" case variations, SOUTH-WESTERN FEDERAL TAXATION 2010: CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, ESTATES & TRUSTS remains the most effective text for helping you master complex tax concepts and the ever-changing tax legislation. Renowned for its accessible, comprehensive, and time-tested presentation, the text provides thorough coverage of C Corporations, Flow-Through Entities, Family Tax Planning, and more, while highlighting materials of critical interest to the tax practitioner. Preparing you for the long term, CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, ESTATES & TRUSTS offers many opportunities to sharpen critical-thinking and writing skills. Internet exercises tied directly to chapter research cases give you hands-on experience using online resources to solve tax issues. H&R Block's TaxCut® software and Checkpoint® from Thomson Reuters come with each new copy of this text so you can obtain professional experience with leading software!
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Understanding and Working with the Federal Tax Law.
Part II: CORPORATIONS.
2. Corporations: Introduction and Operating Rules.
3. Corporations: Special Situations.
4. Corporations: Organization and Capital Structure.
5. Corporations: Earnings & Profits and Dividend Distributions.
6. Corporations: Redemptions and Liquidations.
7. Corporations: Reorganizations.
8. Consolidated Tax Returns.
9. Taxation of International Transactions.
Part III: FLOW-THROUGH ENTITIES.
10. Partnerships: Formation, Operation, and Basis.
11. Partnerships: Distributions, Transfer of Interests, and Terminations.
12. S Corporations.
13. Comparative Forms of Doing Business.
Part IV: ADVANCED TAX PRACTICE CONSIDERATIONS.
14. Exempt Entities.
15. Multistate Corporate Taxation.
16. Tax Practice and Ethics.
Part V: FAMILY TAX PLANNING.
17. The Federal Gift and Estate Taxes.
18. Family Tax Planning.
19. Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates.
Appendix A: Tax Rate Schedules and Tables.
Appendix B: Tax Forms.
Appendix C: Glossary of Tax Terms.
Appendix D: Table of Codes Sections Cited, Table Regulations Cited, and Table of Revenue Procedures and Revenue Rulings Cited.
Appendix E: Table of Cases Cited. Subject Index.
Posted August 24, 2010
No text was provided for this review.