- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Writing for the general reader or student, Wald has completely revised and updated this highly regarded work to include recent developments in black hole physics and cosmology. Nature called the first edition "a very readable and accurate account of modern relativity physics for the layman within the unavoidable constraint of almost no mathematics. . . . A well written, entertaining and authoritative book."
Preface Preface to First Edition
1. The Geometry of Space and Time
2. Special Relativity
3. General Relativity
4. Implications for Cosmology: The "Big Bang"
5. The Evolution of Our Universe
6. Stellar Evolution
7. Gravitational Collapse to Black Holes
8. Energy Extraction from Black Holes
9. The Astrophysics of Black Holes
10. Quantum Particle Creation near Black Holes Appendix Suggestions for Further Reading Index