Speaking with a Purposeby Arthur L. Koch
Speaking with a Purpose provides students with the "nuts and bolts" needed to become effective public speakers. Intentionally brief and inexpensive, this text allows students to concentrate on the preparation, practice, and presentation of their speeches without getting bogged down by theoretical discussions. The focus on purpose and audience response, which incorporates consideration of cultural diversity, helps students identify ways to make their speeches more effective. Highly popular and practical, this text is the best of the short books available on the subject.
New to the 6th Edition
- Contains an extensive section in Chapter 1 on ethics and plagiarism, which stresses to students the importance of these topics and how to be ethical speakers.
- Offers a list of suggested Web sites at the end of each chapter to present students with resources for additional study and research.
- Combines former Chapters 8 and 9, "Preparing for Delivery" and "Delivery," into one chapter for better coherence and clarity.
- Condenses Chapter 12 on group communication to keep the text as brief and concise as possible.
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.05(w) x 8.98(h) x 0.39(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >