- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice.
• Take Practice Tests for each chapter of your text.
— Completion of each practice test generates a study plan that is unique to you.
— The study plan links to text excerpts activities with feedback, and videos and other media that can help you master concepts covered in your text.
• Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations.
• Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom.
• Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching.
• Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom.
• Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers.
To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN:
Part I: Becoming a Professional
Chapter 1: Teaching Students with Special Needs: Professional Roles and Responsibilities
Chapter 2: Special Education Today: An Unfinished History
Part II: Teaching Effectively in the Classroom: What Can You Expect?
Chapter 3: Accepting Responsibility for the Learning of All Students
Chapter4: Identification and Planning for Students with Special Needs
Chapter 5: Effective Instruction in a Well-Managed Classroom
Part III: Meeting the Multiple Needs of Students with Exceptionalities: What is Effective Practice?
Chapter 6: Learning Disabilities
Chapter 7: Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
Chapter 8: Intellectual Disabilities
Chapter 9: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Chapter 10: Autism Spectrum Disorder
Chapter 11: Communication Disorders
Chapter 12: Severe and Multiple Disabilities and Traumatic Brain Injury
Chapter 13: Sensory Impairments
Chapter 14: Physical Disabilities and Other Health Impairments
Chapter 15: Academically Gifted and Talented
Part IV: A Successful Career: Growing in Your Profession
Chapter 16: Continuing a Successful Career: Professionalism, Collaborative Support, and Professional Development