Speed Training for Combat, Boxing, Martial Arts, and MMA: How to Maximize Your Hand Speed, Foot Speed, Punching Speed, Kicking Speed, Wrestling Speed, and Fighting Speedby J. Barnes
Double Your Combat Speed Within Weeks.
Based on proven training methods of martial arts masters, such as Bruce Lee, and champion boxers, wrestlers, and MMA fighters…Speed Training for Combat, Boxing, Martial Arts, and MMA provides basic, intermediate, and advanced drills and
The #1 Speed Training System for Martial Arts, Boxing, MMA, and Wrestling.
Double Your Combat Speed Within Weeks.
Based on proven training methods of martial arts masters, such as Bruce Lee, and champion boxers, wrestlers, and MMA fighters…Speed Training for Combat, Boxing, Martial Arts, and MMA provides basic, intermediate, and advanced drills and knowledge to maximize speed for competition and self-defense.
The Speed Loop™ training system…detailed in this guide…is the most simple, innovative, and effective method for developing superior combat speed. The Speed Loop training system is designed to isolate, transform, maximize, and integrate the seven attributes of fighting speed.
Discover The 7 Keys to Superior Fighting Speed
1. Visual Reflexes: Exceptional visual reflexes allow you to recognize, track, distinguish, and counter attacks with speed and confidence. Learn to react and respond to attacks or openings within a fraction of a second.
2. Tactile Reflexes: Ninety-five percent of all fights end up in close range. Be prepared! Learn to instantly feel what the opponent is attempting to do by quickly interpreting and manipulating his body force.
3. Auditory Reflexes: It is important to react quickly to what you hear. If you have ever experienced fighting in the dark, you know the importance of this attribute.
4. Adaptation Speed: Learn to respond accurately and seemingly without thought. Develop your mind's ability to instantaneously select the perfect action in response to an attack or opening.
5. Initiation Speed: It's not how fast you move, but how soon you get there that really counts. Train yourself to make your strikes felt before they are seen.
6. Movement Speed: Discover and ignore the popular myths of "demonstration" speed. Learn how to develop "applied" movement speed that will help you overwhelm and subdue an opponent in seconds.
7. Alteration Speed: Learn to quickly change directions in the midst of movement. Develop the ability to stop your attack instantly...just in case you initiate a wrong move.
In addition to a step-by-step guide on combat speed training, this bestselling guide includes bonus information on developing speed hampering skills. Speed hampering allows you to slow down the opponent's reaction time and counter attacks. Develop your speed hampering skills and you will increase your ability to dominate the fight.
- Fitness Lifestyle
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 8.80(h) x 0.60(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Speed Training For Combat, Boxing, Martial Arts & MMA provides incredible results with solid technique. Author J. Barnes brings his 30 years of experience to this book to provide valuable insight and knowledge. His trademarked method Speed Loop is guaranteed to increase speed. Barnes explains his system thoroughly and makes implementation a breeze. This is the perfect accompaniment to sports training. Anyone who has watched Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao dominate in the ring or Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson dominate in the Octagon, knows the value of speed in competition. This book provides you what you need to gain speed and improve your game. It is an amazing value. I highly recommend it!
The best book on combat speed training! J. Barnes' "Speed Training for Combat" book details his unique and effective "Speed Loop" training system. The book contains details on how to develop all areas of speed, including movement speed, visual reflexes, and initiation speed. It is a book for beginners, intermediate, and advanced students of martial arts, boxing, MMA, and wrestling or grappling. I am not inherently fast, but after practicing the drills in this book, I'm starting to see noticeable improvements in my quickness and explosiveness. Initially, I wanted to see pictures in the book, but the author does a very good job of explaining every concept and drill in enough detail for me to implement in my daily training. My close training partners are now using "Speed Training" to develop their total combat speed.
J. Barnes has compiled an excellent guide that should prove useful to both martial students and teachers. "Speed Training for Martial Arts" is easy to read and understand, but could perhaps have been compressed into a shorter, less-expensive volume. The Author has selected appropriate words to define the components of fighting speed and suggested techniques to improve in each area. I believe that any good instructor could use this volume to add to his school's training regimen, as well as adapt and improve upon the exercises outlined herein. I found that I disagreed entirely with the Author's opinion on the essence of "Chi", but this should not impact the valuable insights provided within the book. The Author also recommends drinking distilled water as part of a good training diet. This should be avoided, because distilled water leaches electrolytes out of the body, and will lead to severe and traumatic cramping when combined with intense training and the perspiration generated by such hard work. I liked the work as a whole, but a few diagrams and more detailed explanations would have made it more useful. "Speed" should have a place in every martial arts library.
This book is an excellent reference book for anyone interested in the martial arts. The author explains in great detail all of the elements involved in speed, including movement speed and reaction speed just to name a few, as well as drills and exercises to increase one¿s speed. The drills are beneficial for beginners as well as experts. This book would make a great addition to anyone¿s bookshelf, especially a martial arts instructor¿s.