Spiritually Oriented Social Work Practice / Edition 1by David Derezotes
Pub. Date: 11/10/2005
This book equips social workers with a practical, theoretical framework for spiritually-oriented micro and macro level practice with traditional social work populations and problems. Case studies in every chapter illustrate the methods described, so students can immediately apply practical examples to their work.Study questions in each chapter ask students to explore their professional and spiritual self, in an effort to help them discover and develop their own “conscious use of (spiritual) self,” which is essential to their effectiveness in practice.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
I. BASIC METHODS OF SPIRITUALLY ORIENTED SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE.
2. Assessing in Spirituality.
3. Methods in Spiritual Transformation.
4. Spiritual Momentum.
5. Mindful Daily Living.
6. Spirit with Heart.
7. Religious Self.
8. Bio Consciousness.
9. Collective Consciousness.
10. Eco Consciousness.
II. ADVANCED SPIRITUALITY ORIENTED PRACTICE WITH SOCIAL WORK POPULATIONS.
11. Spiritually Oriented Practice with Children, Youth, and Families.
12. Spiritually Oriented Practice with Adult and Aging Clients.
13. Spiritually Oriented Practice in Mental Health Settings.
14. Spiritually Oriented Practice in the Physical Health Settings.
15. Spiritually Oriented Practice in Criminal Justice Settings.
16. Spiritually Oriented Practice in Public Social Service Settings.
17: Spiritually Oriented Practice with Couples.
18. Spiritually Oriented Practice with Families and Groups.
19. Advanced Spiritually Oriented Practice in Individual Transformation.
20. Advanced Spiritually Oriented Practice in Collective Transformation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >