Sports Injuries: Diagnosis and Management / Edition 3by Christopher M Norris
Pub. Date: 10/01/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
A completely updated and extended edition of the highly successful and practical handbook, Sports Injuries: Diagnosis and Management provides the most comprehensive single source for the management of soft tissue injuries. Designed and written for clarity, this new edition provides an equal balance of scientific information and clinical guidance, emphasizing an… See more details below
A completely updated and extended edition of the highly successful and practical handbook, Sports Injuries: Diagnosis and Management provides the most comprehensive single source for the management of soft tissue injuries. Designed and written for clarity, this new edition provides an equal balance of scientific information and clinical guidance, emphasizing an evidenced based approach. Divided into 20 chapters the book covers biomechanics of injury, tissue healing, sports massage, taping, exercise therapy and training, first contact management, gait, detailed coverage of sports injuries to the upper limb, lower limb and trunk. Well-referenced and extensively illustrated, this greatly expanded and revised text will continue to be invaluable to physiotherapists, chiropractors, sports and massage therapists, medical practitioners, coaches, and trainers and all those involved in the treatment of athletes and sports people.
• Photographs showing clinical techniques portray exactly what type of work real-world practitioners do.
• Helpful treatment notes for the clinician makes this book a great resource for brushing up on your skills when out in the field.
• Key points following each important section provide an understanding of important concepts.
• Definitions of important terms ensure that the reader comprehends the matter at hand.
• New diagrams and tables offer the reader even more visual learning tools.
• New two-color design makes the text easier to read.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.00(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
SECTION 1: Biomechanics of injury; Healing; Psychological aspects of sports injury; Sports massage; Taping in sport; Physical training and injury; Exercise therapy; First contact management; Biomechanics of the lower limb during gait; SECTION II: The hip and thigh; The knee; The shin; The ankle; The foot; The lumbar spine; The thorax and thoracic spine; The cervical spine; Facial injury; The shoulder; The elbow; The wrist and hand.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >