0735536597 New. Has the slightest of shelf wear (like you might see in a major bookstore chain). Looks like an interesting title! We provide domestic tracking upon request, ...provide personalized customer service and want you to have a great experience purchasing from us. 100% satisfaction guaranteed and thank you for your consideration.Read moreShow Less
0735536597 Brand New! Usually ships within one business day! This item is: Sports Law: Cases, Documents, and Materials, Champion; 1st ed., 2005; hardcover; ISBN: 9780735536593. ...For fastest delivery, choose Expedited Shipping. We represent the Internet's largest independent legal bookstore!Read moreShow Less
Finally — a true survey of Sports Law! This exciting new text covers all the issues, all the parties, all the law, and all the practical skills needed to develop a solid understanding of this burgeoning area. Sports Law is a user-friendly, practice-oriented text that will make your course as lively as the field it covers.
The author skillfully blends topics and materials to offer an integrated approach to the subject:
• the text incorporates the breadth of issues relating to Sports Law — such as contracts, torts, agents, eligibility, women and sports, antitrust, labor law, international law, discipline, the NCAA, intellectual property, and criminal law
• without belaboring the less practical topics
• explanatory materials introduce each of the major cases, such as Philadelphia Ball Club v. Lajoie, Zinn v. Parrish, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission v. National Football League, National Collegiate Athletic Association v. Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma, NCAA v. Tarkanian, and Martin v. PGA Tour, Inc.
• sample documents — including NCAA regulations, collective bargaining agreements, waivers, contracts, and statutes — are presented as part of the text so students can view them in context
• Questions and Discussion sections tie together the material and help motivate students to analyze it
Instructors can turn to Sports Law: Cases, Documents, and Materials with confidence because:
• the book is equally useful in both law school and graduate-level courses
• a comprehensive Teacher's Manual includes suggestions for lectures, sample questions, projects, draft lectures, and sample exams
• Professor Champion is an exceptionally gifted and popular teacher who also has written two highly successful books on Sports Law and more than 500 articles on the topic, guest-hosted a popular radio program on related issues, served as an agent, and ws a general manager of a minor league professional basketball team