- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Think all it takes to be successful sportswriter is a love of sports? Read Sportswriting: The Lively Game and find out—sports fan is one thing: a sports report is another!
Conrad C. Fink, veteran journalist, editor and the author of Bottom Line Writing: Reporting the Sense of Dollars and Writing Opinion for Impact, provides another common sense, real-life approach for journalism or sports management students wishing to break into the exciting, fast-paced world of sportswriting.
In vivid writing that is packed with the realities of sports reporting, Professor Fink provides insight only a veteran journalist can, such as:
* Media strategies for you and your editor
* Defining your demographic target
* What are the new sports values
* Who are your competitors in the sports arena
Learn to write quickly yet with impact; seek out the offbeat and unusual stories your editor and readers want; and recognize the potential conflicts inherent to sports reporting.
Part One: The Kickoff.
1. The Writer’s Arena.
2. What You Owe Your Readers.
Part Two: Our Blocking and Tackling: Strong Reporting.
3. Reporting the Key Elements.
4. Reporting the Wider Picture.
Part Three: Making the Writer’s Muse Move.
5. Writing It Straight.
6. Taking Readers Beyond the Score.
Part Four: Covering the Majors.
7. Covering Football: A Case Study.
8. Covering Baseball.
9. Covering Basketball.
Part Five: Covering the Others.
10. The Wider World of Sports.
Part Six: Columns: The Winner’s Circle in Sportswriting.
11. Writing Game Columns.
12. In This Corner.