Spring in Action, Fourth Edition is a hands-on guide to the Spring Framework, updated for version 4. It covers the latest features, tools, and practices including Spring MVC, REST, Security, Web Flow, and more. You'll move between short snippets and an ongoing example as you learn to build simple and efficient J2EE applications. Author Craig Walls has a special knack for crisp and entertaining examples that zoom in on the features and techniques you really need.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Designed in 2003 as a lighter approach to J2EE development, Spring Framework has since become a standard choice for building enterprise applications and required knowledge for Java developers. Spring 4, the latest major version, provides full Java 8 integration along with key upgrades like new annotations for the IoC container, improvements to Spring Expression Language, and much-needed support for REST. Whether you're just discovering Spring or you want to absorb the new features, there's no better way to master Spring than with this book.
About the Book
Spring in Action, Fourth Edition is a hands-on guide to the Spring Framework. It covers Spring core, along with the latest updates to Spring MVC, Security, Web Flow, and more. You'll move between short snippets and an ongoing example as you learn to build simple and efficient JEE applications. Author Craig Walls has a special knack for crisp and entertaining examples that zoom in on the features and techniques you really need.
Nearly 100,000 developers have used this book to learn Spring! It requires a working knowledge of Java.
- Updated for Spring 4
- Spring Data for NoSQL
- Simplifying configuration with annotations and definition profiles
- Working with RESTful resources
About the Author
Craig Walls is a software developer at Pivotal. He's a popular author and a frequent speaker at user groups and conferences. Craig lives in Cross Roads, Texas.
Table of Contents
PART 1 CORE SPRING
- Springing into action
- Wiring beans
- Advanced wiring
- Aspect-oriented SpringPART 2 SPRING ON THE WEB
- Building Spring web applications
- Rendering web views
- Advanced Spring MVC
- Working with Spring Web Flow
- Securing web applicationsPART 3 SPRING IN THE BACKEND
- Hitting the database with Spring and JDBC
- Persisting data with object-relational mapping
- Working with NoSQL databases
- Caching data
- Securing methodsPART 4 INTEGRATING SPRING
- Working with remote services
- Creating REST APIs with Spring MVC
- Messaging in Spring
- Messaging with WebSocket and STOMP
- Sending email with Spring
- Managing Spring beans with JMX
- Simplifying Spring development with Spring Boot