SQL Server 2000: The Complete Referenceby Jeffrey R. Shapiro
Master the revolutionary new release of Microsoft's high-performance,scalable database management system. This complete reference explains installation,configuration,administration,replication,security,backup,and recovery. You'll also learn to exploit all the advanced features of SQL Server 2000,including the Enterprise Manager,TSQL,data warehousing,and OLAP services.
The ultimate resource on Microsoft's reliable database and analysis system Build and manage highly available distributed database applications using SQL Server 2000 and the comprehensive information in this volume. You'll get full details on SQL Server 2000 system and platform architecture,administration,application development,and enterprise services. Learn to program SQL Server with Transact-SQL,handle multi-dimensional data processing with the Analysis Services,use Data Transformation Services,implement data mining and data warehousing techniques,back up and restore databases,and manage security,performance,and more. Complete with real-world examples,SQL Server 2000: The Complete Reference is an invaluable tool for DBAs,operators,developers,and network administrators of all skill levels.
- Install,configure,and administer SQL Server 2000
- Build and deploy Web-enabled,scalable,e-commerce database solutions with XML support
- Use permissions,logins,user accounts,and roles to secure databases and servers
- Write and deploy T-SQL scripts,stored procedures,triggers,and queries
- Take full advantage of the new English Query platform Populate,maintain,and analyze data warehouses and data marts
- Plan and set up replication and distributed transactions with Data Transformation Services(DTS)
- Build and manage OLAP cubes and systems
- Manage multiple,isolated installations of SQL Server from a single machine
- Configure fail-over clustering and implement sound disaster recovery procedures
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >