SQL Server 7: A Beginner's Guideby Dusan Petkovic, Lance Ravella (Illustrator)
Loaded with practical
An introduction to critical database concepts through Transact-SQL,system administration,installation,data management,security,data warehousing,and more. Builds core competency in creating,querying,and managing SQL Server 7 databases. Features classroom-tested pedagogy based on the author's numerous years as a computer science professor.
Loaded with practical exercises designed to build productivity immediately.
Get the Core Information You Need to Implement SQL Server 7 Databases Right Away!
Create,query,and manage high-performance SQL Server 7 databases with the hot new release of this scalable database management system. SQL Server 7: A Beginner's Guide explains enterprise database fundamentals and shows you how to take advantage of the new features of SQL Server 7,such as improved space management,new data transformation services,and data warehousing. From installation to query optimization to security to data warehousing,this hands-on guide provides everything you need to know to get up and running smoothly on SQL Server 7 the most anticipated release of this powerful product.
- Run SQL Server 7 on Windows 95/98 and Windows NT
- Let the dynamic self-management feature allocate resources as needed
- Use the new Enterprise Manager to get detailed systems information at your fingertips
- Tune database applications
- Query using the Transact-SQL language
- Launch Transact-SQL statements,stored procedures,and triggers from the Query Analyzer tool
- Take advantage of new Data Transformation Services (DTS) to import,export,and transform data
- Automate administrative tasks with SQL Agent
- Accomplish data warehousing using DecisionSupport Services
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews