Starting an Online Business All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummiesby Shannon Belew, Joel Elad
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
If you’ve thought of starting an online business or if you’re already selling online, here’s how to get your share of online customers. This second edition of Starting an Online Business All-in-One For Dummies covers everything from creating a business plan and building a customer-friendly site to marketing with Facebook and MySpace. There’s even a section about setting up shop in the virtual world of Second Life.
Eleven handy minibooks cover online business basics, legal and accounting, Web site design, online and operating, Internet security, boosting sales, retail to e-tail, storefront selling, fundraising sites, niche e-commerce, and e-commerce advanced. You’ll learn to:
- Build a business plan that translates your ideas into a profitable enterprise
- Choose software to help you manage taxes, balance sheets, and other accounting chores
- Create a Web site that helps your business make money
- Fill orders, pack and ship merchandise, and manage stock
- Set up, budget for, and implement a plan to protect vital computer equipment
- Use PR and advertising tools that best promote your business online, including Google AdWords
- Choose what sells best in Second Life and earn real money from your virtual store
- Market through niche communities, find and use special marketing tools for nonprofit organizations, and apply successful mobile marketing techniques
Inside the book, you’ll even find a Google AdWords gift card worth $25 to help spread the word about your online business!
Meet the Author
Shannon Belew is co-owner of several online businesses including Bizoffice.com, a nationally recognized, award-winning global provider of resources for small and home businesses. Joel Elad is the author of Web Stores Do-It-Yourself For Dummies. He started his first online business in 1993.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >