Turn Your Passion into a Profession
Your devotion to horses is the key ingredient in a profitable equestrian career. Now revised and expanded, Starting & Running Your Own Horse Business offers complete advice on putting your love for horses to work. A larger selection on safety, tax and insurance advice, and many new suggestions for starting successful equestrian businesses make this new edition the must-have book for horse entrepreneurs. An experienced stable manager and practicing veterinarian, Mary Ashby McDonald shares her money-making ideas and cost-saving techniques for launching and running a successful business.
"Now this is a really useful horse business guide...McDonald includes a variety of money-saving and -making suggestions."
- Horse Country
"If you've ever thought about starting your own horse business, be sure to pick up, well, Starting & Running Your Own Horse Business."
- Horse & Rider
"The ideas in this book are accurate and solid. Unfortunately, along the way, I've made many of the classic business blunders Mary mentions [in this book]. Hopefully reading this will help others avoid the same mistakes in the future."
- Olympic Gold Medalist Joe Fargis, Owner/Manager/Trainer, Sandron Farm
Learn How To:
- Create a business plan that puts your existing horses and facilities to work
- Manage your time, your money, and your employees
- Choose affordable insurance coverage that keeps your customers and your horses safe and protects you from financial liability
- Operate an exciting variety of horse ventures from camps to carriage services
- Develop an appealing name, logo, and icon for your business
- Identify the best marketing and advertising opportunities
- Offer additional services your customers need: grooming, cleaning tack, transportation, catching and holding, consulting, administering medications
- Reduce vet bills: implement sound preventative strategies and do your own vaccinating and deworming
- Save on feed costs