Starting Out on the Internet: A Learning Journey for Teachers / Edition 1by M. D. Roblyer
Pub. Date: 07/10/2002
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Appropriate for use either on an individual computer or in a lab setting, this brief, practical guide takes a step-by-step approach to learning to navigate the Internet and use it as a powerful resource for teaching and learning. Chapter topics cover understanding URLs, navigating the net, starting up search engines, using bookmarks, evaluating Internet information, avoiding Internet pitfalls, downloading and using images, downloading programs and plug-ins, Internet troubleshooting, integrating the Internet into teaching, and creating your own web site. For teachers and users of computers and Internet technology.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.20(d)
Table of ContentsPreface.
1. Understanding URLs.
2. Navigating the Net.
3. Starting Up Search Engines.
4. Using Bookmarks.
5. Evaluating Internet Information.
6. Avoiding Internet Pitfalls.
7. Downloading and Using Images.
8. Downloading Programs and Plug-Ins.
9. Internet Troubleshooting.
10. Integrating the Internet into Teaching.
11. Creating Your Own Web Site.
Appendix: Answers to Exercise Questions.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >