1. Theological Knowledge and the Knowledges of the University: Beginning Explorations.
2. Leaving Ruins: The Gospel and Cultural Formations.
3. How Risky is The Risk of Education: Random Reflections from the American Context.
4. The End of "Religious Pluralism:" A Tribute to David Burrell, C.S.C.
5. The Pathos of the University: The Case of Stanley Fish.
6. What Would a Christian University Look Like?: Some Tentative Answers Inspired by Wendell Berry.
7. Pro Ecclesia, Pro Texana: Schooling the Heart in the Heart of Texas.
8. Christians and the So-Called State (We Are In): A Meditation on Loyalty after September 11, 2001.
9. Democratic Time: Lessons Learned from Yoder and Wolin.
10. The State of the Secular: Theology, Prayer, and the University.
11. To Love God, the Poor, and Learning: Lessons Learned from Saint Gregory of Nazianzus.
12. Seminaries Are in Trouble: Chastened Reflections on the Centennial of Bethany Theological Seminary.
13. Ordinary Time: A Tribute to Rowan Williams.