- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In this timely collection, some of the world's leading ethicists grapple with the variety of issues posed by human embryonic stem cell research.
Notes on Contributors.
1. Introduction: Laura Grabel and Lori Gruen.
2. The Ambiguity of the Embryo: Ethical Inconsistency in the Human Embryonic Stem Cell Debate: Katrien Devolder and John Harri.
3. Killing Embryos for Stem Cell Research: Jeff McMahan.
4. The Moral-Principle Objection to Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research: Don Marquis.
5. How is the Ethics of Stem Cell Research Different from the Ethics of Abortion?: Elizabeth Harman.
6. Respecting Human Embryos within Stem Cell Research: Seeking Harmony: Bertha Alvarez Manninen.
7. Rescuing Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research: The Possibility of Embryo Reconstitution after Stem Cell Derivation: Katrien Devolder and Christopher M. Ward.
8. The Moral Status of Stem Cells: Agata Sagan and Peter Singer.
9. Oocytes for Sale?: Lori Gruen.
10. Human-Animal Chimeras: Human Dignity, Moral Status, and Species Prejudice: David Degrazia.
11. Why No Compromise is Possible: Torbjörn Tännsjö.