Step-Up to Medicine / Edition 3by Steven S. Agabegi, Elizabeth Agabegi
Pub. Date: 09/08/2012
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Step-Up to Medicine is your lifeline for the clinical years of medical school. This book was originally written by third-year medical students searching for the perfect review book—not finding it on the market, they wrote it themselves! Now in its third edition, Step-Up to Medicine boils down the full scope of tested pathology in a/b>/i>/b>/i>
Step-Up to Medicine is your lifeline for the clinical years of medical school. This book was originally written by third-year medical students searching for the perfect review book—not finding it on the market, they wrote it themselves! Now in its third edition, Step-Up to Medicine boils down the full scope of tested pathology in a single ingenious tool. Each element is tailored for immediate content absorption, and an all-new, full-color interior differentiate elements for even faster, more efficient review. And, Step-Up to Medicine, third edition provides two types of self-assessment—the kinds of questions you will ask yourself as a clinician plus USMLE-style practice questions. This review book gives you just the Step-Up to the medicine clerkship, accompanying shelf exams, and USMLE Step 2 that you need!
NEW Features for this blockbuster edition:
- Full-color, updated interior design brings the content to you in a rousing, memorable style.
- Full-color, updated art program illustrates concepts when a picture says it best—plenty of clinical images also supplement topics.
- New content on evidence-based medicine keeps you current and informed to guide your clinical decision making.
- Expanded content on drug dosing is added where relevant.
CLASSIC Features students swear by:
- Complete coverage of high-yield medical topics ensures you are test ready
- Clinical Pearls boxes help you “file away” clinical medicine connections for handy retrieval at test time
- Quick Hits glimmering in the margins highlight highly testable material—just see how the sparks fly at test time
BONUS Material and study resources:
- eBook with the fully searchable text is available via thePoint .
- NEW 300 USMLE-style questions provide another means of self-assessment and practice for those exams
- NEW Audio clips of breath and heart sounds also available on thePoint
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I am familiar with this book, have a hard copy, and recommend it, but wanted one for my nook. First, I did not read closely, and failed to note that this was for the Nook STUDY, not for the nook. It will not open on the nook at all, nor any of the tablets nor Galaxy Note 2 I own. It will open on my laptop (with the nook study software installed), which is possesses a decent i5 processor, and 8 gigs of ram. Using the nook study program, paging through this book is terribly slow. Taking up to 2 seconds to turn a page. The font sizing gives you control of body text, but not of diagrams nor call out boxes that these books are full of (you have to page zoom). Trying to use the highlight tool is even slower. Simply frustrating to use. I will stick to the hard copy version. Good bye $50.
This is a classic book, now in its third edition, that is meant as a study guide or study aid for medical students in their internal medicine clerkship. As a physician, this was my first clerkship in third year, and found books like this one very helpful in trying to remember the important points of such a huge subject. Many students also use this book to help study for their USMLE's. I also recommend two must reads for medical students. Dr. Samuel Shem's "House of God" is a classic novel about life as an intern in an inner city hospital. Dr. Anthony Youn's "In Stitches" is one of my favorites, a truly entertaining memoir about becoming a doctor. It's full of laughs and even some tears.