Step-Up to Surgery / Edition 2by Stanley Zaslau
Pub. Date: 04/18/2014
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Step-Up to Surgery is an effective high-yield review of general and subspecialty surgery, written specifically for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students in their surgery clerkship/rotation. Step-Up to Surgery packs clinical pearls, illustrations, and “Quick Hits” in a single, ingenious tool, tailoring each element for/i>… See more details below
Step-Up to Surgery is an effective high-yield review of general and subspecialty surgery, written specifically for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students in their surgery clerkship/rotation. Step-Up to Surgery packs clinical pearls, illustrations, and “Quick Hits” in a single, ingenious tool, tailoring each element for immediate content absorption and faster, more efficient review. This review book gives you exactly what you need to prepare for the surgery clerkship, accompanying shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2!
NEW Features for this edition:
• Full-color, updated interior design brings the content to you in a memorable style.
• Full-color, updated figures illustrate concepts when a picture says it best.
CLASSIC Student approved features:
• Complete coverage of key surgery topics ensures that you are test-ready and prepared on the wards!
• Quick Hits in the margins highlight highly testable topics—just see how the sparks fly at test time!
• Clinical Pearls help you “file away” clinical medicine connections for handy retrieval at test time!
• Bold terms highlight key terminology for added emphasis!
BONUS Material and study resources:
• NEW! 100 USMLE-style questions in the book and online, so you can study anytime, anywhere!
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
Ch. 1 Surgical Physiology 1
Ch. 2 Trauma and Burns 17
Ch. 3 Hernias 35
Ch. 4 Esophagus and Stomach 46
Ch. 5 Small Bowel 66
Ch. 6 Colon, Rectum, and Appendix 80
Ch. 7 Hepatobiliary System 100
Ch. 8 Pancreas and Spleen 117
Ch. 9 Endocrine Surgery 140
Ch. 10 Breast 156
Ch. 11 Skin and Soft Tissue 172
Ch. 12 Vascular Surgery 184
Ch. 13 Pediatric Surgery 201
Ch. 14 Orthopedic Surgery 226
Ch. 15 Neurosurgery 242
Ch. 16 Urology 247
Ch. 17 Otolaryngology 267
Ch. 18 Cardiothoracic Surgery 280
Ch. 19 Transplantation 297
Ch. 20 Acute Abdomen 312
App. A Next Step Questions 325
App. B Shelf Questions 337
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >