Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology / Edition 5by Darryl Carter
Pub. Date: 09/08/2009
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Visually stunning and thoroughly up to date, the sixth edition of Sternberg’s Diagnostic Surgical Pathology continues to set the standard for differential diagnosis of the surgical specimen. Offering the latest information on all currently known diseases, this classic two-volume reference presents advanced diagnostic techniques from a virtual/b>… See more details below
Visually stunning and thoroughly up to date, the sixth edition of Sternberg’s Diagnostic Surgical Pathology continues to set the standard for differential diagnosis of the surgical specimen. Offering the latest information on all currently known diseases, this classic two-volume reference presents advanced diagnostic techniques from a virtual “who’s who” of experts in the field – pathologists who provide authoritative guidance on the diagnostic evaluation of every type of specimen from every anatomic site. No matter what your level of training or experience, keeping Sternberg’s near your microscope is the next best thing to a personal consultation with a trusted colleague.
- Clearly visualize nearly every specimen you’re likely to see, thanks to more than 4,000 full-color illustrations, each color-balanced to dramatically improve image quality.
- Get practical, real-world help on diagnostic problems and pitfalls from the text that has emphasized a hands-on focus from the very first edition.
- Benefit from significant updates in key areas of the field, particularly in immunohistochemistry and molecular pathology.
- Stay up to date with new information on new molecular and immunohistochemical markers for diagnosis and prognosis of neoplasia, improved classification systems for diagnosis and prognosis, the role of pathology in new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, and the recognition of new entities or variants of entities.
- Keep abreast of updated World Health Organization (WHO) terminology regarding tumor diagnosis.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
- Over 900 multiple choice questions to reinforce the material in the chapters
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.50(w) x 11.80(h) x 5.80(d)
Table of Contents
SKIN, SOFT TISSUE, BONE & JOINTS: Nonneoplastic Diseases of the Skin, D.C. Parker, R.J. Morris & A.R. Solomon / Non-Melanocytic Cutaneous Tumors, J.W. Patterson / Melanocytic Lesions, A. Piris, N. Prieto-Granada, M.J. Imber & M.C. Mihm, Jr. / Muscle Biopsy in Neuromuscular Diseases, R.R. Heffner, Jr. & L.L. Balos / Disorders of Soft Tissue, J.S.J. Brooks / Joint Diseases, P.G. Bullough / Nonneoplastic Diseases of Bones, P.G. Bullough / Bone Tumors, C.Y. Inwards & K.K. Unni
BREAST: The Breast, D. Carter, S.J. Schnitt, R.R. Millis & H.A. Oberman
CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM: The Brain, Spinal Cord & Meninges, P.E. McKeever
ENDOCRINE SYSTEM: The Neuroendocrine & Paracrine Systems, R.V. Lloyd & L.A. Erickson / The Pituitary & Sellar Region, B.W. Scheithauer / Pathology of Thyroid & Parathyroid Disease, Z.W. Baloch & V.A. LiVolsi / The Adrenal Glands, R.A. DeLellis & S. Mangray / Paragangliomas, E.E. Lack & J.A. Wieneke
HEMATOPOIETIC & LYMPHATIC SYSTEMS: Disorders of Bone Marrow, R.W. McKenna & S.H. Kroft / Lymph Nodes, J.B. Cousar, W.R. Macon, T.L. McCurley & S.H. Swerdlow / The Spleen, J.S. Burke
HEAD & NECK: The Jaws & Oral Cavity, R.J. Zarbo / Salivary Glands, S.E. Mills / The Nose, Paranasal Sinuses & Nasopharynx, S.E. Mills / The Larynx, E.B. Stelow / The Ear & Temporal Bone, B.M. Wenig / The Eye & Ocular Adnexa, G.K. Klintworth & T.J. Cummings
INTRATHORACIC ORGANS & BLOOD VESSELS: Nonneoplastic Pulmonary Disease, A.S. Patchefsky / Pulmonary Neoplasms, M. Noguchi & Y. Shimosato / The Pleura, H. Battifora / The Mediastinum, M.R. Wick / The Heart, G.J. Berry & C.C. Marboe / Blood Vessels, A. Burke & R. Virmani
ALIMENTARY CANAL & ASSOCIATED ORGANS: Esophagus, L.M. Yerian & J.R. Goldblum / The Stomach, D.A. Owen / Nonneoplastic Intestinal Diseases, R.E. Petras & T.L. Gramlich / Intestinal Neoplasms, H.S. Cooper / Pancreas, L.D.R. Thompson & C.S. Heffess / Non-Neoplastic Liver Disease, D.C. Snover / Masses of the Liver, K. Washington & E. Harris / Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tree & Ampulla, N.V. Adsay / Anus & Perianal Area, H.D. Appelman
URINARY TRACT & MALE GENITAL SYSTEM: Developmental Abnormalities of the Kidney, E. Gilbert-Barness & P. Khanna / Adult Renal Diseases, T. Nádasdy, A. Satoskar & F.G. Silva / Adult Renal Tumors, V.E. Reuter & S.K. Tickoo / Renal Neoplasms of Childhood, P. Argani & J.B. Beckwith / The Urothelial Tract: Renal Pelvis, Ureter, Urinary Bladder & Urethra, V.E. Reuter / The Prostate & Seminal Vesicles, J.I. Epstein / Nonneoplastic Diseases of the Testis, H.S. Levin & L.R. Schoenfield / Testicular & Paratesticular Tumors, T.M. Ulbright and D.M. Berney / The Penis, E.F. Velazquez, J.E. Barreto, G. Ayala & A.L. Cubilla
FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM & PERITONEUM: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, I.-M. Shih, M.T. Mazur & R.J. Kurman / The Placenta, C.G. Kaplan & G.P. Altshuler / The Vulva & Vagina, M.H. Stoler & S.E. Mills / The Cervix, M.R. Nucci & C.P. Crum / The Uterine Corpus, T.A. Longacre, K.A. Atkins, R.L. Kempson & M.R. Hendrickson / Ovarian Surface Epithelial Stromal Tumors, P.B. Clement & R.H. Young / Sex Cord—Stromal, Steroid Cell & Germ Cell Tumors of the Ovary, R.H. Young & P.B. Clement / Miscellaneous Primary Tumors, Secondary Tumors & Non-Neoplastic Lesions of the Ovary, R.H. Young & P.B. Clement / The Fallopian Tube & Broad Ligament, R.H. Young & P.B. Clement / The Peritoneum, P.B. Clement & R.H. Young
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >