Still The Oneby Joan Reeves
Burke Winslow stands at the altar, ready to marry his business partner in a marriage of convenience. The minister solemnly asks: "If anyone here knows why this man and this woman shouldn't be joined in holy matrimony, let him speak now
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join love and laughter in this sexy romantic comedy with a chick lit attitude!
Burke Winslow stands at the altar, ready to marry his business partner in a marriage of convenience. The minister solemnly asks: "If anyone here knows why this man and this woman shouldn't be joined in holy matrimony, let him speak now or forever hold his peace."
A rain-soaked, bedraggled Ally Fletcher limps down the aisle and shouts, "Stop the wedding!"
What follows is a funny, sexy romp that proves when there's love, passion never dies, it just smolders away until you toss some gasoline on it. Burke and Ally discover a rekindled passion that threatens to scorch them when they find themselves locked in a marriage - - of inconvenience!
With a cagey grandfather pulling Burke's strings, and an equally cagey grandmother manipulating Ally, can these two battling lovers peel away the layers of the past and discover the truth about their love and passion? Will the truth free them or put them asunder?
Throw in a pretend boyfriend for Ally and a scorned business partner left at the altar, and you have a rollicking good time - - Texas style! Sassy, sexy, and funny!
PRAISE for STILL THE ONE
Originally print published, reviewers said: "Curse the talented Joan Reeves when she keeps you awake all night with her latest comedic romance, Still The One, romantic comedy at its best." (InPrint)
Awesome, Reader Review by milagro83 (Rochester,NY)
"I bought this book after reading others comments. I fell in love with it after the first few pages!!! Very romantic...."
Still The One, Reader Review by Brat
"Another excellent story and characters with humor. I'll definitely buy more of Joan's books, the 3 I've read so far have all been really good."
Meet Joan Reeves
Excerpt from The Trouble With Love Joan Reeves
Excerpt from Video Vixen
Excerpt from In The Garden of Seduction, Book 2, The Garden Series
Excerpt from Jane I'm-Still-Single Jones by Joan Reeves
Amusing Book and Author Trivia
WHERE'S JOAN REEVES
Email: Joan @ JoanReeves.com (put REAL LIVE PERSON) in the Subject Box.
(Many thanks to my wonderful readers who take the time to email me with compliments and to notify me of typos the Proofreader did not catch. I appreciate each and every one of you! Corrected File--1 missing comma, 1 wrong word--Uploaded 02/02/2012.)
What a fun, sexy read! I kept turning the pages and laughing as Burke and Ally finally realize they were "Still the One" for each other. And the fire had been smoldering and ready to explode even after six years apart.
Throw in some fantast
I bought this book after reading others comments. I feel in love with it after the first few pages!!! Very romantic and a great summer read.
- Joan Reeves
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 448 KB
Meet the Author
Hello! I'm Joan Reeves. I write funny, sexy, romances because I think the world needs more love and laughter. And passion! And committed relationships!
TOP 10 REASONS TO BUY A BOOK BY JOAN REEVES
10. Joan Reeves writes funny! Duh!
9. Joan Reeves writes sexy! Another Duh!
8. Joan Reeves is an overnight success, and it only took her 25 years!
7. Joan Reeves writes stories that are like a "little vacation between the covers of a book."
6. Joan Reeves has a daughter getting married next spring. She can use the bucks. Seriously, do you know how much weddings cost?
5. Joan Reeves believes in the Weed Whacker Theory of Success. "Life is a big field of weeds. In the center of this giant patch of weeds is something we want--something called success. We're all on paths that resemble the spokes of a wheel, trying to get to the hub. Some of us have machetes, some have riding lawn mowers. Me? I'm armed with a rusty pocket knife." I need all the help I can get. Buy my book! Please?
4. Joan Reeves is basically lazy. If you don't buy her books, she'll stop writing and while away the hours reading her competitors' books, watching WHAT NOT TO WEAR (she could be a poster girl), cheesy sci fi movies, BUFFY reruns, and THE CLOSER--just to name a few of her TV addictions. Then she'll gain 50 pounds from eating Ding Dongs (required snack of The Closer), mope around the house complaining that she's fat, spend all her remaining book sale money on a new wardrobe, refuse to wear the new clothes because they're ugly, join a nudist colony, and get expelled because she'll do nothing but gripe and moan all day and who wants to see a naked fat woman complaining about how she could have been a contender?
3. Joan Reeves writes stories that will make you feel good.
2. Joan Reeves needs a new pair of shoes. Some of those really cute round-toe Mary Jane's at DSW and maybe a pair of gold evening shoes because they're so darn sexy. But, she can't support her shoe addiction without book sales. That's where you come in!
1. Joan Reeves writes stories that leave you with a smile.
Thank you for your consideration! In closing, I leave you with my Vision Statement, wise words by which I live. "It's never too late to live happily ever after."
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
You can't beat this for a satisfying, hilareous, deeply romantic book. Unfortuneately, the joy ended all too quickly.
Ended too quickly would like to read what happens next as well as Tiff's story