Deborah Moebes is a fifth-generation crafter and designer. After nearly ten years of school teaching, Deborah Moebes launched a children's clothing line in 2006, and began teaching sewing at Beehive Co-op in Atlanta the following year. Her classes there are in high demand, and her business has grown to include a thriving fabric shop and sewing lounge in the heart of Atlanta. She continues to add workshops and sewing events throughout the year, and regularly blogs tutorials, projects and articles on the new sewing culture.
Stitch by Stitch: Learning to Sew, One Project at a Timeby Deborah Moebes
So, you love all that gorgeous designer fabric and you really want to make something with it. Or maybe you've taught yourself a little sewing know-how but have become frustrated. Whatever your background, Stitch by Stitch guides you through everything you need to know to start sewing and make it to the varsity/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Learn to Love Sewing, Stitch by Stitch
So, you love all that gorgeous designer fabric and you really want to make something with it. Or maybe you've taught yourself a little sewing know-how but have become frustrated. Whatever your background, Stitch by Stitch guides you through everything you need to know to start sewing and make it to the varsity level.
Inside Stitch by Stitch, you'll learn essential sewing skills--everything from basic stitching and backtacking to creating gathers, making darts and using multi-sized patterns--while completing appealing projects. In the book's unique format, skills and projects build upon each other so that you get instant gratification and motivation to progress.
Stitch by Stitch, learn to love sewing with:
- A guide to the machine, notions and fabric. Get to know your sewing machine and learn about all the essential materials and tools you need to get started.
- 11 modern, stylish projects. A variety of projects--like a simple tote, a piped throw pillow, a hipster belt, a sweet A-line skirt and a cap-sleeved blouse--will build your sewing skills while giving you great pieces to show off.
- Clear and comprehensive step-by-step photo instruction. No vague illustrations that keep you guessing.
- Bonus CD. Includes PDF patterns for apparel projects (in sizes 4-14), stitch practice guides, sample applique designs and more.
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 19 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I LOVE this book! I just got my sewing machine, and decided to go along with this book to learn some basic sewing skills. Each project lists the skills that you should learn from it, and she also gives examples of how these skills can be applied to other projects. The projects are fun but challenging, and they always look great when finished! The step-by-step instructions and illustrations are easy-to-follow, and they give enough information so that even a person new to sewing (like me) can easily follow along.
Very informative especially for beginners.
I haven't had a chance to really explore yet. It seems like it's easy to follow like a text book, but in a good way. I'd recommend.