Stories of New Jersey [Illustrated]by Frank Richard Stockton
• Novelist Frank R. Stockton, in "Stories of New Jersey," sets out in narrative form the history of Garden State - beginning with the meetings in the Council House of the "Lenape" or "Grandfather Tribe,
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
• This book is an edited and illustrated version of the original one and comes with 18 or more unique illustrations that are relevant to its content.
• Novelist Frank R. Stockton, in "Stories of New Jersey," sets out in narrative form the history of Garden State - beginning with the meetings in the Council House of the "Lenape" or "Grandfather Tribe," the landing of Henry Hudson at Bergen Point, and the colony-making efforts of the West India Company of Holland.
On his way toward modern times, Stockton stops to take in the most interesting and colorful tales from city and country - such as that of Penelope Stout, shipwrecked and then attacked by a party of natives, who then manages to survive within a hollowed-out tree - or that of the schoolmaster who discovers his one-room schoolhouse is turning into a gambling house in the dead of night
- BN ID:
- Five Star Publishing, LLC
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 5 MB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
Amy finally found sonic. Hey sorry im late. How was the game she said to him. Good we won and i made the winning goal! He said. Amy asked sonic to come with her. Finally after a long walk theyre at the top of a hill with a great view of the ocean. I brought some food. You want some? She said. Sure he said back. After they were done eating it was night and they were looking up at the stars. Lets text our moms and tell them we wont be home tobight. Good idea he said back to her. After they texted their moms they were sound asleep.
There were thimg i had no clue about lol !!!!!!!:):):):):):)