Story Engine Plus Edition: Universal Rules for Scenematic Roleplayingby Christian Aldridge (Created by), Brett M. Bernstein
Storytelling is one of the oldest living traditions, continuing today as theatre, literature, television and film. Roleplaying games evolved their own version of storytelling by piecing together a tale based on the outcome of dice rolls and player choices. Story Engine breathes new life into this multi-authored game format, infusing it with the fluidity of oral tradition while liberating it from the confines of turn-based mechanics.
Create characters using adjectives and phrases. Like novels, the different elements of a character all contribute to the story -- even flaws and foibles. Collaborate to tell a story of the characters. Pool resources to work as a group to solve conflicts. Narrate the outcome of scenes based on success.
This updated 2011 edition of the original ground-breaking Story Engine roleplaying game features:
- Complete rules, plus introductory Story Bones™ rules
- Optional rules for customizing the system
- Extensive advice on running games
- Three plug-ins for running different genres: Six Guns & Whiskey™ (Wild West), In the 'Zone™ (Sci-Fi), and Of Legend™ (Fantasy)
- Plug-in for use with the Maelstrom Storytelling™ world
- Two adventures
- Precis Intermedia
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.32(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews