Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach / Edition 5by Joe Martocchio
Pub. Date: 03/28/2008
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach reflects the importance of employees as a key element of strategic compensation programs. In exploring the art of compensation and its role in promoting companies' competitive advantages, the author develops a solid understanding of compensation practices, the context of compensation practice, the criteria used to compensate employees, compensation system design issues, employee benefits, and contemporary challenges that compensation professionals will face well into the 21st century. The book covers all aspects of strategic compensation, designing compensation systems, employee benefits and contemporary strategic compensation challenges. For managers and human resource professionals involved in compensation issues.
Table of Contents
I. SETTING THE STAGE FOR STRATEGIC COMPENSATION.
2. Strategic Compensation in Action: Strategic Analysis and Contextual Factors.
3. Contextual Influences on Compensation Practice.
II. BASES FOR PAY.
5. Incentive Pay.
6. Person-Focused Pay.
III. DESIGNING COMPENSATION SYSTEMS.
8. Building Market-Competitive Compensation Systems.
9. Building Pay Structures That Recognize Individual Contributions.
IV. EMPLOYEE BENEFITS.
11. Discretionary Benefits.
V. CONTEMPORARY STRATEGIC COMPENSATION CHALLENGES.
13. Compensating Executives.
14. Compensating the Flexible Workforce: Contingent Employees and Flexible Work Schedules.
Glossary of Key Terms.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >