- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Madanes' lucid, coherent, and practical guide for family therapists is a welcome addition to the proliferating literature by family therapy theorists and practitioners.... The book is concise, well organized and clearly written."
A classic work which uses imaginative techniques to help achieve balance within the family. It gives attention to specific problems such as violence, drug abuse, and depression, and seeks the hidden meaning in these symptoms, which are clues to the underlying family structure.
1. Dimensions of Family Therapy.
2. Elements of Strategic Family Therapy.
3. Marital Problems: Balancing Power.
4. Children's Problems: Three Paradoxical Strategies.
5. Parental Problems: Changing Child-Parent Interactions.
6. Severe Problems of Adolescence: Putting the Parents in Charge.
7. Night Terrors: A Case Study.
8. A Depressed Man: A Case Study.
9. Summary: Metaphor and Power.