Strategic Management for Health Care Entities: Creative Frameworks for Financial and Operational Analysis / Edition 1by Thomas R. Prince PhD
Pub. Date: 08/01/1998
The health care industry is moving from an emphasis on cost containment to a growing fascination with the concept of value. How is value created? How can it be assessed? Strategic Management for Health Care Entities provides a creative, integrative, and practical road map for addressing these questions.Highlights include:-The integration of financial and
The health care industry is moving from an emphasis on cost containment to a growing fascination with the concept of value. How is value created? How can it be assessed? Strategic Management for Health Care Entities provides a creative, integrative, and practical road map for addressing these questions.Highlights include:-The integration of financial and accounting analysis with quality of care and outcomes reporting-How medical facility and service codes can be used for competitor analysis and strategic market assessment-A newly developed medical technology index that serves as a benchmark in the strategic assessment of community hospitalsStrategic Management for Health Care Entities provides a framework for considering the changes still to come as providers, payers, and the public define new types of accountability and search for common ground in creation greater health care value.
Table of Contents
About the Author.
Part 1: The Health Care Environment-An Overview.
1. Entities Providing Health Care Services to Individuals.
2. Macroaccounting Reports of the Health Care System.
3. Competitive Analysis of Health Care Entities in the Marketplace.
Part 2: Financial Reporting.
4. Balance Sheets, Fund Accounting, and Net Assets.
5. Statement of Operations, Changes in Net Assets, Income and Retained Earnings.
6. Financial Statements of Health Care Entities with High-Risk Contracts.
7. Statements of Cash Flows.
8. Investments, Related Party Transactions, and Other Reporting Issues.
9. Financial Statement Analysis.
Part 3: Management Control.
10. Cost Analysis for Decision Making.
11. Cost Measurement and Matching Issues in Health Care Entities.
12. Activity-Based Costing in Health Care Entities.
13. Product Life-Cycle Costing and Different Costs for Various Purposes.
14. Management Control and Budgeting Issues.
15. Physician Performance, Variance Analysis, and Management Control.
Part 4: Health Care Services.
16. Forecasting Health Services by Patients within a Health Care Facility.
17. Product Costing and Management.
18. Assessing Mergers, Closures, and Distressed Health Care Facilities.
Part 5: Financial Management.
19. Cash Management and Short-Term Financing.
20. Risk Management, Insurance, and Assessing Third-Party Payers.
21. Capital Structure and Long-Term Financing.
22. Issuing Tax-Exempt Securities and Bond Ratings.
Glossary of Acronyms.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >