Strategic Management : Concepts and Cases / Edition 8by Fred R. David
Pub. Date: 11/14/2000
Fred R. David's revision of his popular text gives students of all levels a thorough and interesting introduction to strategic management one that will show you the value and the excitement of the field. Now with a greater emphasis on the use of technology and international strategic management, this eighth edition includes fascinating new cases, a useful… See more details below
Fred R. David's revision of his popular text gives students of all levels a thorough and interesting introduction to strategic management one that will show you the value and the excitement of the field. Now with a greater emphasis on the use of technology and international strategic management, this eighth edition includes fascinating new cases, a useful model, handy matrices, and much more:
- A new box on e-commerce appears in every chapter
- A new Cohesion Case featuring America Online illustrates key concepts at the end of each chapter
- Up-to-date international coverage has been integrated throughout the text
- Over 50 Experiential Exercises that help you learn new management skills
- A practical not theoretical orientation that shows you how to apply what you're reading about
- Available with "Mastering Strategy" the most extensive cross-platform business education resource in the world
- MYPHLIP Prentice Hall's industry standard Web gives you one-click access to all of the resources created by our award-winning team of educators.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.66(w) x 10.63(h) x (d)
Table of Contents(NOTE: Each chapter contains Notable Quotes and Objectives, Key Terms, Current Readings, Discussion Questions, and Experiential Exercises.)
Instructions for Using The Strategy Formulator Software.
I. OVERVIEW OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT.
II. STRATEGY FORMULATION.
3. The External Assessment.
4. The Internal Assessment.
5. Strategies in Action.
6. Strategy Analysis and Choice.
III. STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION.
8. Implementing Strategies: Marketing, Finance/Accounting, R&D, and CIS Issues.
IV. STRATEGY EVALUATION.
CASES. (NOTE: *= New to This Edition. All Cases Updated with 1999 Financial Information.)
Service Companies.Internet Companies.
1. E-Trade, Inc.—2000, Phillip Lynn. *
2. E-Bay Inc.—2000, Stephen M. Giordano. *
3. Amazon.com, Inc.—2000, Phillip Bartlett and Fred David. *
4. The Limited, Inc.—2000, Jill Austin.
5. Wal-Mart Stores Inc.—2000, Amit Shah and Tyra Phipps.
6. Target Corporation—2000, Henry H. Beam.
Hotel and Gaming.
7. Mandalay Resort Group—2000, John Ross.
8. Harrahs Entertainment, Inc.—2000, Mary R. Dittman.
9. First Union Corporation—2000, Brian E. Williamson. *
10. Wachovia Corporation—2000, Jule Eldridge III. *
Zoos and Clubs.
11. The Audubon Institute—2000, Caroline Fisher and Claire J. Anderson.
12. Riverbanks Zoological Park and Botanical Garden—2000, Carolyn R. Stokes and Eugene M. Bland.
13. The Classic Car Club of America—2000, Matthew C. Sonfield.
14. M.D. Anderson Biomedical Services Department, Paul Reed, et. al.
15. Quorum Health Group, Inc.—2000, Teresa DeWitt Dullaghan. *
16. Greyhound Lines, Inc.—2000, James Harbin.
17. Carnival Corporation—2000, Mike Keefe et al.
18. Southwest Airlines Co.—2000, Amit Shah and Charles R. Sterrett.
19. Central United Methodist Church—2000, Robert T. Barrett.
20. Elkins Lake Baptist Church—2000, Paul Reed et al.
21. RailTex, Inc.—2000, Paul Reed et al.
22. Harley-Davidson, Inc.—2000, Ricky Cox.
23. Winnebago Industries, Inc.—2000, Eugene M. Bland and John G. Marcis.
24. Avon Products, Inc.—2000, James Camerius.
25. Revlon, Inc.—2000, M. Jill Austin.
26. Pilgrim's Pride Corporation- 2000, James L. Harbin.
27. H.J. Heinz Company—2000, Henry H. Beam.
28. Hershey Foods Corporation- 2000, Forest R. David.
29. The Boeing Company—2000, Carolyn R. Stokes.
30. Lockheed Martin Corporation—2000, Wayne Chamblee. *
31. Dell Computer Corporation—2000, Cindy R. Smith.
32. Apple Computer, Inc.—2000, David Stanton.
33. Compaq Computer Corporation—2000, Maria Margiotis. *
34. Research in Motion—2000, David Griffin. *
35. Stryker Corporation—2000, Henry H. Beam.
36. Biomet, Inc.—2000, Satish P. Deshpande.
37. Playboy Enterprises, Inc.—2000, Kay W. Lawrimore and Fred R. David.
38. Readers Digest Association, Inc.—2000, Caroll Braddock. *
39. Nike, Inc.—2000, M. Jill Austin.
40. Reebok International, Ltd.—2000, Angela G. Page. *
41. UST, Inc.—2000, Marilyn M. Helms and Fred R. David.
Concepts and Cases
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Wow! This professor taught at a no name college call Francis Marion University in Florence, SC. However, Harvard is also using his book to teach their students? What more can I say!
This is really the only book that I had no intention of selling back to the college. Gives you a great idea of how the companies mentioned in this book operate. It is also good if you are looking for information for investment purposes. This book seems to be updated so to keep you informed of current sector leaders, new trends, and techniques in business.