- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Acclaimed compensation expert Lawler recommends ways to tighten the link between pay and performance; shows how this influences both individual and organizational performance; and he offers practical guidance in selecting and administering pay policies that will support an organization's goals and management style."A comprehensive look at not only the choices surrounding the development of a pay system but also the pros and cons associated with each choice...Thorough."—HR Magazine
Part One: The Impact and Design of Pay Systems.
1. The New Realities of Pay and Organizational Effectiveness.
2. Setting Strategic Objectives for Pay Systems.
3. Establishing Core Principles.
Part Two: Paying for Performance.
4. Using Incentive Pay.
5. Using Merit Pay.
6. Using Performance Appraisals to Drive Pay.
7. Paying for Organizational Performance.
Part Three: Determining Base Pay.
8. Paying the Job.
9. Paying the Person.
Part Four: Administering Pay Systems.
10. Setting Total Compensation Levels.
11. Determining the Total Compensation Mix.
12. Managing Decision-Making and Communication Processes.
Part Five: Applying Pay Strategies.
13. A Pay Strategy for Acme Corporation: A Traditional Manufacturing Company.
14. A Pay Strategy for Hi—Tech International: A Global Technology Company.
15. Strategic Pay and Public Policy: The Need for Change.